Wednesday, July 06, 2005

'Today Show' openly promotes illegal activities

The following is a short email* to the Executive Producer of the Today Show:

Subject: Mama really likes your show. But not for long after I tell her what you're up to.

Dear Jim Bell,

Let me make sure I got this right: you want to “celebrate” on your morning show something 49 out of 50 states in this country consider illegal? Then, of course, let’s not forget to mention also, the fact that every civilized society* since the dawn of man considers such relationships deplorable. (*The exceptions are Canada and the Netherlands, which by their recent rulings could arguably be reclassified as uncivilized societies.)

It doesn't matter, as you state, that it should be promoted as a good thing, just because there exists a state that has legalized same-sex marriage. Mama always said, “just because someone else jumps off a bridge, doesn't mean you have to.”

By the way, Mama really likes your show. But not for long after I tell her what you're up to.

I know my mama. Once she hears you guys are in on redefining marriage away, she'll tell all her friends to watch another morning show from now on.

Sincerely,

Ed "Bubba" Nicholson

Click here to write your own letter.

* Understand that the tone and style I employed in this email was not intended to come across as flippant or glib. On the contrary. At the very least, a funnier, winsome approach hopefully will disarm the reader of this email so that they might actually listen to the point I’m trying to make – that is, that a decision by a few blacked-robe judges doesn’t necessarily make something right, nor should it be tolerated by society at large. At best, my hopes would be that the recipient might even forward the email on to others in the Today Show’s office so that they too may get my point in writing it. (Secondly, on an insignificant, yet anal note, I made slight alterations here since first writing to the producer. However, none of the content or tone really changed.)

Hollywood and God Roe IQ Test
ProLifeBlogs